- Date: Monday, September 28, 2020
- Time: 1.30pm – 5pm
- Location: ELZA Institute AG, Webereistrasse 2, 8953 Dietikon
- Lecturers: Prof. Dr. Farhad Hafezi, Léonard Kollros
- Requirement: Suitable for MSc. And BSc. Optometry and qualified optician.
- Notes: This workshop gives 2 SBAO credit points
- Prices: SBAO members employees CHF 290.00; member of other associations CHF 340.00; non-members CHF 390.00
Registration deadline September 4, 2020*
Keratoconus is a disease that deforms the cornea into a cone and changes its biomechanics. The prevalence of keratoconus is higher in children and adolescents and decreases with age.
Once deformed, the cornea will not regain its basic shape by itself. That is why it is important to make a quick diagnosis when the disease is most progressive. Today, only cross-linking (CXL) can stop the disease. The CXL does not improve eyesight. Contact lenses are the best option for this.
In this workshop we will show you the ophthalmological and optometric management of keratoconus. We will explain when treatment is needed and what to do to improve visual acuity.