Dr. Dr. Dion Paridaens
Study and research
- Born in Holland, Dion Paridaens manages the Department of Eyelid, Tear and Orbital Surgery of the Oogiekenhuis Rotterdam, the largest eye clinic in the Netherlands, and works as a consultant surgeon for ELZA. In fact, Dr. Paridaens has worked as a consultant surgeon in Switzerland for over 16 years.
Plastic and reconstructive eyelid surgery: Cosmetic operations of eyelids, bags, ptosis, eyelid malpositions and eyelid tumors. Dion has performed more than 20,000 operations to date.
Tear duct surgery: the entire spectrum. He has performed more than 3,000 operations to date.
Orbital surgery (e.g. in thyroid disorders like Graves’ Disease) and eye socket tumours.
Dr. Paridaens’ clinical sub-specialty training was in the Netherlands and Canada.
Dr. Paridaens has been the chief physician at the Eye Clinic Rotterdam since 1996, and leads the Oculoplasty department. He has offered a fellowship in eyelid and tear surgery since 2001, and has trained hundreds of young physicians in this sub-specialty to date.
The main focuses of Dr. Paridaens are cosmetic and reconstructive eyelid surgery, tear surgery and ocular orbital surgery.
Dr. Paridaens is the co-founder of the Thyroid Center Rotterdam and he has been the secretary of the ESOPRS (European Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery) since 2014.
Publications, International Activities
- After completing his medical studies in the Netherlands, Dr. Paridaens worked and studied at Moorfields Eye Hospital in London between 1990 and 1992 for His PhD; thesis title “Uveal Melanoma.”
- Dr. Paridaens has published more than 110 scientific articles in peer-reviewed international journals.
- From 1999 to 2013 Dr. Paridaens served as Publisher of the journal, ORBIT (International Journal on Orbital Disorders, Oculoplastic and Lacrimal Surgery).
- From 2012 to 2014 Dr. Paridaens was Visiting Professor at the Eye Clinic of the University of Geneva.
- Dr. Paridaens speaks Dutch, German, English and French.